Recipe: Mixed Seed Granola
I'll be direct - like this granola. It's subtly sweet (add a tbsp more honey if you wish), rich with nuttiness and sprinkles of extra sweetness from the berries. Homemade granola ALWAYS seems to remain crunchy for prolonged periods of time, so it's best enjoyed with yogurt, milk, or by the handfuls.
- ⅓ cup buckwheat groats ; can be subbed with more oats/quinoa
- ⅓ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tbsp tahini /other nut butters
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp pepitas(pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup raisins
Mixed Seed Granola
1. Preheat oven to 170c.
2. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients - oats, quinoa, buckwheat, sesame, pepitas and salt. Stir well.
3. Over low heat, melt together coconut oil, tahini, and honey. Stir and pour into dry mixture. Mix together until roughly incorporated (almond-sized clusters).
4. Spread evenly over a lined / greased baking sheet and bake for 20 mins, stirring halfway through.
5. Sprinkle on berries and give it another light stir, before returning to the oven to bake at 150c for 5 more mins. Let it cool and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Hungry for more? Try one of these!